As a Pal, you are expected to follow the Visit Standards below for every visit. These outline the expectations for Pal behavior before, during, and after a visit and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
Review Visit Details
Before arriving at the visit, make sure to read over the visit tasks and any important notes about the member and the health plan that are provided.
Learn more about which visit tasks are approved and unapproved in our "Understanding Visit Tasks" guide.
Canceling a Visit
If you need to cancel a visit, give at least 24 hours notice so we can pair our member with another available Pal.
We understand sometimes conflicts come up, but if you repeatedly cancel visits with less than 24 hours notice, you may be suspended or removed from the platform.
Confirm the Visit
24 hours before a visit, you will need to confirm that you are coming to the visit by tapping the “Confirm Visit” button in the Pal app.
Call the Member
Right after you confirm the visit in the app, you will be prompted to call the member to introduce yourself and confirm the visit tasks.
If the member does not answer when you call to confirm, you should still go to the visit.
Be on Time and Leave on Time
If the member isn’t there when you arrive, call the member. If you aren’t able to reach them, contact Papa Support to let us know. They will help you cancel the visit and ensure you are compensated for the commute (if applicable), 1 hour of the visit, and any applicable bonuses.
- S - Stop; If you ever feel unsafe or uncomfortable, stop what you are doing and leave. Once you are safe, call Papa Support so we can learn more and take action, as needed.
- A - Approved Only; You have the right to decline any task that isn’t approved by Papa or that you didn’t confirm with the member.
- F - Feedback; If you don’t want to see a member again, let us know by contacting Papa Support.
- E - Emergency; For a medical emergency, dial 9-1-1 first and then inform Papa Support.
Note: You can also use our in-app Emergency Support by Noonlight for extra help and reassurance during emergencies and situations where you feel unsafe.
Complete Visit Feedback
After the visit, always share your feedback in the Papa Pal App so we can know how the visit went and what the member needs.
Behaviors to Never Engage In
There are also certain behaviors that you should never engage in. If you do any of the following, you may be suspended or permanently removed from the platform:
- Fail to show up for a confirmed visit
- Repeatedly cancel visits with less than 24 hours notice
- Bring another person to a visit
- Share sensitive or personal member information with anyone besides Papa
- Ask for money or tips
- Use drugs or drink alcohol before or during a visit
- Any criminal behavior (e.g. stealing, verbally or physically harassing)
We want to remind you that when you agree to be a Papa Pal, you also commit to following our Community Standards, which can be reviewed here.