Safety in Every Visit
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our Pals and members is a top priority at Papa. That's why we've added Emergency Support—personalized safety assistance integrated into the Papa Pal app. Powered by Noonlight, experts in safety monitoring, this feature is designed to deliver fast and reliable help whenever you need it. In this guide, we'll walk you through the key aspects of using Emergency Support to enhance your safety and peace of mind during your Papa visits.
When to Turn to Emergency Support
- If you feel unsafe during a visit or a member needs help.
- If calling 911 is not possible or you’re unsure whether to call 911.
Note: For emergencies needing immediate medical, police, or firefighter assistance, always dial 9-1-1 first. After ensuring your safety, inform Papa Support about the incident.
How Emergency Support Works
- During a visit, open your Papa Pal app and tap the shield icon in the top right corner.
- Tap "Request help" to initiate Emergency Support.
- A Noonlight agent will send you a text within 5 seconds for immediate support.
Note: If unable to respond via SMS, expect a call within 30 seconds. If unable to speak on the phone, you can share emergency details with the agent via SMS.
What Happens Next?
- If you confirm an emergency or are unable to respond, Noonlight will dispatch first responders to your location, while providing continuous support until help arrives.
- Noonlight agents will notify you when first responders are dispatched.
- If you need to cancel responders, reply to the text/call received; agents will stay in contact for comfort until you feel safe.
Note: If you cancel before first responders are dispatched, then an agent will confirm the cancelation and will not request dispatch. If you cancel after a dispatch has been requested, an agent will call the first responder to notify them the user has confirmed their safety and attempt to cancel dispatch. In some cases, first responders will still go out to conduct a “wellness check” on you.
After First Responders Arrive
You’ll continue any necessary follow-up with first responders. Rest assured Papa's Trust & Safety Team is immediately notified of an incident and receives a detailed report. Depending on the situation, our Trust & Safety Team will follow up to offer additional support options tailored to your needs.
If you need support for a situation that isn’t an emergency, our Papa Support Team is here for you! In the top right corner of the Papa Pal app, click on the chat bubbles to connect with Papa Support.