As a Pal, you are expected to follow the Visit Standards below for every visit. These outline the expectations for Pal behavior before, during, and after a visit and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
- Review Visit Details: Before arriving at the visit, make sure to read over the visit tasks and any important notes about the member and the health plan that are provided.
- Canceling A Visit: If you need to cancel a visit, give at least 24 hours notice so we can pair our member with another available Pal.
- We understand sometimes conflicts come up, but if you repeatedly cancel visits with less than 24 hours notice, you may be suspended or removed from the platform.
- Confirm The Visit: 24 hours before a visit, you will need to confirm that you are coming to the visit by tapping the “Confirm Visit” button in the Pal app.
- Call The Member: Right after you confirm the visit in app, you will be prompted to call the member to introduce yourself and confirm the visit tasks.
- If the member does not answer when you call to confirm, you should still go to the visit.
- Be on time and leave on time
- If the member is not available when you arrive, cancel the visit through the app by selecting “Member Can’t Make It”. You will be compensated for the commute, 1 hour of the visit, and any applicable bonuses.
- If the member says they don't need the service anymore, please contact Papa Support to let us know.
- If you or the member need to adjust anything about the visit, call Papa Support.
- Be S-A-F-E
- S - Stop; If you ever feel unsafe or uncomfortable, stop what you are doing and leave. Once you are safe, call Papa Support so we can learn more and take action, as needed.
- A - Approved Only; You have the right to decline any task that isn’t approved by Papa or that you didn’t confirm with the member.
- F - Feedback; If you don’t want to see a member again, let us know by contacting Papa Support.
- E - Emergency; In the case of a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 first and then Papa Support to let us know what happened.
- Complete Visit Feedback: After the visit, always share your feedback in the Papa Pal App so we can know how the visit went and what the member needs.
There are also certain behaviors that you should never engage in. If you do any of the following, you may be suspended or permanently removed from the platform:
- Fail to show up for a confirmed visit
- Repeatedly cancel visits with less than 24 hours notice
- Bring another person to a visit
- Share sensitive or personal member information to anyone besides Papa
- Ask for money or tips
- Use drugs or drink alcohol before or during a visit
- Any criminal behavior (e.g. stealing, verbally or physically harassing)
Lastly, we want to remind you that when you agree to be a Papa Pal, you also commit to following our Community Standards, which can be reviewed here.