What is a Pal?
A Papa Pal is a caring, compassionate, and reliable human being who makes an impact on Papa members’ lives by supporting them with companionship, help around the house, shopping, transportation, and more.
What does a Pal do?
Pals offer a range of support services to Papa members, with companionship being at the core of each visit.
Some typical tasks and activities that a Papa Pal may be asked to perform include:
- Transportation: This could involve driving the member to the doctor's office, the bank, the airport, and other places.
- Tech Help: Pals can assist with setting up personal tech devices like phones or computers, help with telehealth appointments, and teach members how to order groceries online.
- Light Housekeeping: Pals can help with laundry, light cleaning, meal preparation, and other household tasks.
For more information, check out the "Understanding Visit Tasks" guide.
Who are Papa members?
Papa members are older adults, families with young children, veterans, and busy professionals who have received the benefit of Papa services through their health plan or employer. Our members come from diverse backgrounds and all have different needs but they share one thing in common, they all need some support. That’s where our Pals come in!
Who can become a Pal?
Anyone can be a Pal, so long as they meet these requirements:
- Age 21 or older
- Access to a smartphone
- Ability to communicate in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Insured vehicle (model year 2008 or newer) with insurance policy in your name
- A valid U.S. state government-issued driver’s license
- Must be able to pass an annual background check and motor vehicle report
- Commitment to arrive at visits on time
- Excited to provide care and compassion for others
For more information, check out the "Papa Pal Requirements" guide.
How do I become a Pal?
Applying to become a Papa Pal is as easy as following the below steps:
- Start your application here and create your Papa Pal login.
- Add the necessary personal information to create your Pal Profile and agree to the required background check.
- Download the Papa Pal app and use your login to sign in.
- Once you're logged in, you’ll need to watch an orientation video, submit your vehicle insurance, and agree to several compliance acknowledgments, including how to handle sensitive member information.
- After completing these steps and your background check is cleared, you will be notified that your application is approved.
- Once you are an approved Pal, you will be able to access and book available visits in the Papa Pal app.