Who can become a Pal?
Anyone can be a Pal, so long as they meet these requirements:
- Age 21 or older
- Access to a smartphone
- Ability to communicate in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Insured vehicle and proof of vehicle insurance, with your name on the policy
- A valid U.S. state government-issued driver’s license
- Must be able to pass an annual background check and motor vehicle report
- Commitment to arrive at visits on time
- Excited to provide care and compassion for others
- Full legal name, DOB, and issued state
- Note: All need to match the information provided in your application
- Must not expire within the next 30 days of applying
Important: You will also need to provide your driver's license number and social security number to complete your background check.
- Your full legal name must show on your policy
- Must not expire within the next 7 days of applying
- The vehicle description on the policy must match the information on your application, including:
Background Check Process
Papa conducts an extensive background check on all prospective Papa Pals as a part of our application process. Additionally, active Pals must pass annual background checks to maintain their standing in Papa’s platform. These checks serve to enhance the safety and security of our community.
To proceed with your application and use Papa’s platform, you will need to provide consent for a background check and a valid Social Security Number. These checks are run at no cost to prospective or existing pals and are facilitated by a third-party provider, Turn Technologies, Inc.
The processing time for a background check varies, particularly depending on the number of counties you have resided in. If you have lived in several counties, the report can take longer, since multiple counties need to process the request. You can check the status of your background check at any time through the Papa Pal app.
Papa will review and assess your background check results to determine your eligibility. You could be disqualified if you:
- Are listed on the National Sex Offender Registry database
- Appear on any healthcare sanctions checks
- Have been convicted of any of the following:
- Violent crime (e.g. acts of terror, arson, aggravated assault)
- Sexual offense (e.g. sexual assault, child pornography)
- Theft charges (e.g. larceny, fraud)
- Substance-related charges (e.g. possession of or distribution of illegal drugs/controlled substances, DUI)
- Traffic-related charges (e.g. reckless driving, driving with a suspended license)
Papa conducts continuous criminal and motor vehicle checks to monitor for any new offenses. We reserve the right to disqualify a Pal at any time based on these ongoing checks.
If you believe your background check contains inaccuracies or is incomplete, you may contact Turn Technologies, Inc. for resolution at email@example.com.