Using the Papa Pal App
The Papa Pal App is key to the Pal experience. Find out how to use it to manage and support visits.
The Papa Pal App is a critical part of the Pal experience and it’s important that you understand how to best use it to manage and support your visits. Here are some of the basic features that you should know about.
Setting Up Your Pal Profile
Before starting as a Papa Pal, make sure your profile has:
- Your correct home address.
- Your vehicle and the necessary information if you would like access to transportation visits.
- The languages you speak if you would like access to visits with members who speak other languages.
- Location services turned on. This is a crucial step because it helps Papa know that you are on your way to a visit, and it ensures you are paid accurately for your commute (if commute pay applies to your market). If you forget to enable location services when you first log into the Papa Pal App, you can enable it later in your phone settings.
You can update your profile information at any point by clicking on the 👤 profile tab in your Papa Pal app. If you need to update your email or date of birth, please submit a request to Papa support.
Setting Up a Help Center Account
To make creating and tracking future support tickets easier and faster, you should set up a Help Center Account by following these steps:
- Head to papa.com/palsupport to access the Pal Service Desk.
- Create an account by tapping on Log in in the top right corner. Then tap on Need an account? Sign up. Input the email address associated with your Papa Pal account, and tap on Send Link.
- You will receive an email from the Papa Help Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) ****with the subject line “Finish Signing Up to Papa Help Center”. Tap on Sign up and type in your full name and a password for your new account.
- Tap on Sign Up to finish registering your account, and you’re all set!
Using Your Help Center Account
From the Pal Service Desk Page, you can submit a new ticket request by selecting which issue you are reporting. You can check their ticket status by tapping on the Requests button at the top-right of the page. This will give you access to all of the tickets you have created.
Viewing and Booking Visits
From the Papa Pal app home screen, you’ll find a list of available visits in your area, as well any upcoming visits that you have booked. To view all available visits, tap on the magnifying glass icon 🔍. Visits are automatically sorted by their distance from you. You can also filter available visits by time and day of the week using the filter icon (button with 3 lines) in the upper left corner of the visits page. Keep in mind that the more filters you add, the fewer available visits you will see.
From the visits screen, choose a visit to see more details, including visit duration and the main tasks you’ll need to complete. Once you find a visit that is a good fit, scroll to the bottom of the visit screen and tap ‘Accept Visit’.
Confirming a Visit
You will need to confirm in-app that you are going to a visit 24 hours before the visit starts. To do this, simply tap the ‘Confirm visit’ button. Once you hit ‘Confirm visit’, you will see a screen with a button to initiate the confirmation call with the member. For more information about the confirmation call, visit the “Six Steps to a Successful Visit” guide.
Canceling a Visit
To cancel a visit in the app, you should follow these steps:
- Select the visit you would like to cancel
- Click on “Cancel visit” at the bottom of the screen
- Confirm the cancelation by clicking on “Yes, cancel”
- Select the reason for the cancellation
- Click “Submit”
You need to cancel with at least 24 hours notice so that we can try to pair members with another available Pal. Last-minute cancellations can be difficult for members and may leave them with a gap in support.