Are you often described as kind, caring and helpful? Chances are, you could be a great Papa Pal companion caregiver.
As a Papa Pal companion caregiver, you share your time, life experience and knowledge in ways that really matter. Interested in exploring this flexible job opportunity? Read on to see if you have the character traits of great caregivers.
People enjoy being Papa Pal companion caregivers for many reasons, but all will agree it’s a rewarding job that gives back.
Ask yourself if you are:
- Empathetic. You know what it means to walk in someone else’s shoes. You take other people’s feelings into account.
- Patient. You have a thoughtful outlook on life and appreciate the small things. You experience the beauty in each moment.
- Reliable. People can count on you. You’re consistent.
- Friendly. You enjoy meeting new people and striking up conversations. You love hearing a great story–and can tell a few yourself.
- Enthusiastic. You might be on the quiet side, but your enthusiasm shines through. Your desire to help others is genuine.
Caregivers are also good problem solvers. You can adapt to new situations, take a calm approach and focus on possible solutions.
Here’s what our Papa Pals say about their work
“I love the experience and meeting new people. Most importantly, knowing I'm making a huge difference in their lives.”
“I never realized how lonely it can be to live alone. Companionship, if only a short visit as a Papa Pal, is so rewarding for both.”
“It is an awesome experience. Being able to hangout and be a Papa Pal with the most endearing and genuine people ever.”
“It’s really awesome to see that you are making a difference.”
Do you have the traits of great caregivers?
Do you have some or all of the traits of great caregivers? If the answer is yes, then you're someone who can make a great contribution to your community while working part-time.
While some Papa Pal companion caregivers focus on companionship (think conversation and activities), others offer support with everyday tasks such as light housekeeping. There’s also a growing number who share their technology know how, helping people stay connected with FaceTime, Messenger and a variety of apps. Others offer transportation help with rides to and from appointments and errands. Many work just a few hours a week.
Companionship caregiving is also a job that’s in-demand. Chances are, your community needs you.
If this is a role that inspires you, click here to learn more about becoming a Papa Pal.