We're hiring! Earn while doing good in your community.
Part-Time Companion Caregiver in Berne, NY (and surrounding areas)
What is a Papa Pal? Papa Pals are part-time companion caregivers who support Papa members, providing things like help around the house, shopping, car rides, and companionship. Papa members include older adults, seniors and families.
Papa Pals make a difference in their communities. Papa Pals are kind, patient and reliable people who love to help others.
What is Papa? Papa connects members and their families to real people for help with companionship, everyday tasks, car rides, and more. It’s a benefit provided by hundreds of health insurance and benefit plans. Anyone can apply to work as a Papa Pal, but you can only get Papa services through your benefits.
Being a Papa Pal is a great job for people who:
- Have life experience helping others
- Want a flexible, part-time schedule
- Enjoy variety at work
- Want to help their community
- Are kind, friendly, and reliable
Working as a Papa Pal: Papa Pals use the mobile app to see hourly work opportunities, which are called visits. You make your own schedule and choose the type of visit. Most visits are 2-4 hours.
Types of visits include:
- Companionship: Have conversations, watch movies, play board games, go for walks, and more
- Errands: Lend a hand with grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions
- House Tasks: Help around the house with laundry, light cleaning, pet care, meal prep, and more
- Transportation: Drive members to the doctor or dentist and help them get where they need to go
Pay: Earn $18.00/hr an hour as a Papa Pal, plus bonuses. When bonuses apply, you can earn between $17 and $20 an hour or more.
Mileage: Depending on where you live, Papa reimburses mileage for your commute to each visit.
Transportation Visits: If you provide transportation to a Papa member, Papa reimburses that mileage as well.
Requirements to work with Papa:
- Age 21 or above
- U.S. work authorization
- Valid form of ID (driver’s license, state ID, or passport)
- Available to work immediately
- Caring, patient and reliable personality
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance (only if you want to do transportation visits)
- Clean and dependable vehicle (only if you want to do transportation visits)
- Must be able to pass background check
No health care experience is required to become a Papa Pal.
Your application includes a background check. Papa pays for the background check.
We’re looking for people from all walks of life who want a rewarding and flexible job!
Papa is growing in Berne, NY. Ready to join us?